Hi! I’m Jon, and I’m your host here.
As the site grows, it gets more difficult to navigate for newcomers. Hopefully, this page will help.
So where do you start?
First, read some posts and see if this is for you. Below are posts sorted by topic or you can read the latest.
Designing software products
If you’re looking to design, build or launch a software product, here’s some posts for you:
Topic: UX Basics
- The Elements to an Amazing User Experience
- The What, Why and How of “User Personas”
- What is a wireframe?
- A prototype is worth a thousand pictures
Topic: Designing user-centered products
- Using a Feature Matrix to Improve Your Product Roadmap
- How to Make Users Take Action
- Designing for Simplicity? Then keep it simple!
- UX Considerations for Wearables and Other New Technologies
Topic: Mobile devices
- Designing Forms for Mobile Devices
- How to Create User-friendly Mobile Notifications
- How to Create Perspective iPhone 6S Mockups
Making a career of UX design
If you find yourself falling in love with UX, you might consider becoming a UX Designer professionally. While no longer the focus of this site, I’ve written a lot in the past on the topic.
Topic: Becoming a UX Designer
After getting so many questions from people, I ended up writing a book for UX beginners looking to get into UX as a career.
- How to Learn UX Design
- How to become a UX Designer in less than a year
- Where do you find jobs in UX?
- UX Interview Tips to help you nail it before it even starts
Topic: Advancing Your Career
After working with beginners for awhile, I wrote a book for ambitious UX Designers. If you’re looking to move up in the UX world, it’s definitely worth a look.
- The Most Underrated Skill You need as a UX Professional
- A Designer’s Guide to Ladder Climbing
- The Key Characteristics of Successful UX Designers
- Working with Staffing Agencies & Recruiters
If you like what you read, why not subscribe? By signing up, you’ll get all the new goodies and content directly in your inbox.