Last week, I wrote about getting started with VR. I received a lot of questions about what software to use.
You don’t have to pick up a new design tool to get started with VR (if you don’t want to).
If you’re used to designing interfaces in Sketch, I came across a plugin to help you get started in VR without changing tools. It’s called Sketch-to-VR and it’s available for free in Sketch Toolbox or Github.
Here’s a video to help you get you started:
For more info, support or troubleshooting help, check out the article on Medium from Liu Liu at Google.
How to remove/disable HTTP Simple Server
I’ve been asked by enough people that it’s worth posting an update. If you want to disable HTTP server (or have duplicates from installing multiple times you want removed), here are some instructions for doing so.
Note: these are from MacOS Sierra 10.12.2
Locate services (Go to keyboard shortcuts)
- Open ‘System Preferences’
- Select ‘Keyboard’
- Go to the ‘Shortcuts’ tab
- Select ‘Services’ on the left panel
- Locate the ‘Simple HTTP Server'(s)
Do one of the following…
Remove the server (or duplicates)
- Hold ‘Ctrl’ and click on ‘Simple HTTP Server’
- Select ‘Show in Finder’
- In the ‘Services’ folder, delete duplicate files (any numbered version of the file) or remove all of them
Disable the server
- Uncheck the checkbox
Enable the server
- Check the checkbox